Another random beach painting:
Happy March 1st!
Happy Friday – we made it!
Thought I’d show you today *one* of the reasons I’ve been so busy lately. People with kids, I have no idea how you do it. My life is sheer chaos almost all the time and I only have two naughty Bostons.
These are wedding invitations I hand designed for my brother and future sister-in-law.
Here’s the process for those interested (with a lot of back and forth in between, this is my first time doing such a large custom order, 120 in total!):
* I came up with a prototype from several different colors and ideas. We finalized on the above version using a PTI stamp, and hand water colored using Distress Stains in Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord, Bundled Sage, and Mowed Lawn. Fonts are simple and elegant; Georgia for the serif and Edwardian for the script.
* We worked out the wording and had local Staples print on their coverstock weight bright white paper for both the invitation wording panel as well as the reply card. Totally worth the price to have them cut them as well. They reply cards also got a stamped image afterwards.
* I adhered the wording panel to the water color background using Mod Podge. This did cause the entire unit to curl slightly, but hey, they’re hand done invitations – perfection is not expected.
* A7 Envelope and 4Bar Envelope ordered from Paper Source.
It was a lot of work to make them, but it was totally worth it. A close-up of the water colored florals:
This image is slightly more saturated here on screen so you could see it better. It is more soft and muted in person. The darker purple took the most time to do. Amazing the flexibility of Distress Stains!
Please let me know your thoughts or if you have questions, I’d love to get some feedback after working on this!
I couldn’t help myself when I saw the latest sketch for CASE This Sketch:
As you can see, I didn’t stray too far but a couple fun things to point out.
My first time using this mason jar die from PTI, I used some alcohol inks to mimic the look of real jars and I LOVE how they turned out. I stamped over the acetate using some black StazOn. The sentiments are from the same PTI set, perfect little tags in a chalkboard fashion that is oh so popular these days. The flowers are from another PTI set, popped up and colored in Copics (the stems are hand drawn, I don’t seem to have anything with long stems).
A close up of the flowers and jars:
I made a bunch of cards over the weekend, shared here of the past couple of days – I think this one was my favorite. Thanks for visiting!
Hopefully you all don’t think I went overboard with this card for Case Study’s latest:
There’s a lot going on, but I think it works!!
I started with the main panel, using some Mister Huey’s mists (Splash and First Kiss) and Tattered Angels in Lemon Zest over a Studio Calico stencil. Once it dried, I adhered the three vellum banners made from that lovely star constellation paper from SC’s Atlantic collection. “Happy” (been listening to too much Pharrell lately) in gold Dear Lizzy thickers on top of a banner as my main sentiment, accompanied by “In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities” in more vellum. If you look closely, the ‘I’s’ are dotted with little stars.
Embellishment mania – an ampersand paperclip, sequins here and sequins there, wood veneer stars, enamel dots, 2 small strips of washi, little anchor punches, and a touch more of stamping – those stars in the bottom left corner.
Let me know what you think!
At first I didn’t think I was going to do this particular challenge, I was like eh, that doesn’t seem so interesting. But then I realized that I had never actually done it before and I stopped being so stubborn ^_^
Here’s my results from Papertrey Ink’s Pigment & Dye Ink Layering Challenge:
I didn’t have a good solid floral stamp to attempt this technique, so I thought I’d give it a go with Irresistibly Ikat.
OMG I LOVE how it turned out! Check out that pattern that is peeking through the dots. SO COOL!
I had to take a couple different angled shots because it was a beast to photograph:
I am sorry I was such a stubborn brat about this one, and I will definitely use it again!!
Multiple postings tonight to squeeze in some deadlines. I wish I had more time to play with this challenge, W+9’s Trend Watch, because I was really enjoying it, but no time!
I went the watercolor route with the fresh cut florals. Sequins are always a good choice, and I think triangles would fall under the trendy cue as well.
Here’s a close-up of the watercolor. I stamped over it using various colors of Hero Arts Shadow Ink.
Thanks for visiting tonight!
Long time no see, friends! I’ve been so busy but you’ll see a photo of why in the next couple days.
For now, here’s a fun challenge from CASology, the theme is JUMP!
Here’s my take:
As soon as I saw the word JUMP, for some reason I thought of a wedding card. Many couples celebrate their nuptials by literally jumping over a broom. This tradition is woven through several cultures, which I learned from this interesting Wikipedia article.
Not your typical frogs and bunnies hopping around, but I hope you enjoyed my creation!