Hey all, back for Day 2 of Tim Holtz' 12 Days of Christmas Tags. Today's tag was very challenging for me, even though it doesn't seem like it should have been that hard. I think yesterday was more blingy and sparkly which makes things easier IMO. Check out that link to see Tim's tag, and now on to the show!
Again going through some differences a la "Mimic Monday" (No buying any new supplies):
1. He started off with his own Ideology line for the paper on the tag. I don't have this paper, so I took my own music sheet inked in Old Paper and Antique Linen, and then clear embossed it 3 times down the side with a Merry Christmas stamp to achieve a similar look.
2. I don't have Picket Fence Distress Stain - sad, I know! So I took a cotton ball and loaded it up with white acrylic paint and swiped it all across my tag.
3. My paper did not already have the holly stamp in the upper left corner, so I stamped one myself and inked it in the same colors. I also inked the sides of the tag similarly using Iced Spruce Distress Stain.
4. Tim sprayed his tag with Perfect Pearls Mist. I don't have these so I took a paintbrush loaded with white acrylic paint and splayed the bristles to achieve the splatter effect. I misted over this with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists in Silver Sugar.
5. I similarly distressed the sides of my tag, not with his distress tool but with scissors. I also used Frayed Burlap on the distressed sides.
6. I don't have any sticky-back canvas, nor do I have that deer die. So I found some clipart online and cut it with my Pazzles on light brown AC Cardstock. I inked it in Frayed Burlap, too.
7. I don't have any Grungeboard or the die Tim used at the bottom, so I took some Fiskars decorative scissors and cut my own bottom piece. I don't have the Adirondack Gold paint dabber he used, but I painted mine with other gold acrylic paint.
8. Mine is inked in Vintage Photo also, but no sanding (as it isn't Grungeboard). I don't have that ruler or piercer, so I made do with a plain ruler and a push pin. I didn't distress the brads because I don't have that dandy little texturing hammer.
9. I don't have chenille stems or jute for the wreaths on the deer, so I rolled up some green floral tape, wrapped in fluffy ribbon for one wreath, and used jewelry twine for the other wreath.
10. No burlap to be found so I just used a white cord that I inked in Frayed Burlap and some more jewelry twine.
11. No charms from his Ideology line either, so I used a cross charm for the deer, and a regular saftey pin, heart charm, and silver bead on the top.
This tag is growing on me a bit more, especially when I see the shimmer in the light - love shiny things ;-) Hope you're having fun playing along with Tim, and don't forget - you don't need every single thing to copy a design.
Get creative and have fun with it!!