I am super behind on this tag, but at least I should have this post finished by midnight my time. I've been so busy today with another trip to the vet for the bad baby, watching her all day like a hawk making sure she doesn't throw up her medicines, and sneaking off for a bit of a Christmas party with our Sunday School class - and still have to renew my library books online, gah they're due today...
Well anyway, welcome to Day 3 of Tim Holtz' 12 Days of Christmas Tags!
Here's my take:
Here's the bottom close-up:
Top of the tag close-up:
Some notes a la "Mimic Monday"
(No buying new products, just using what I have on hand to copy the design):
1. He started out with a kraft tag; I made my own by adhering kraft paper to a tag.
2. His stamp is of course of his own collection; I didn't have this stamp so I pulled stamps from a Hero Arts set (Merry Christmas and stars), an Inkadinkado set (Season's Greetings), and the 'holidays' 'faith' and 'joy' were created from individual alphabet sets. They are inked respectively in Distress Inks: Festive Berries, Fired Brick, Crushed Olive, Broken China, and Peeled Paint.
3. He also ran his tag through his Vagabond with the matching embossing folder; I don't have this so sadly I skipped this step.
4. Both tags are distressed and inked in Brushed Corduroy.
5. I don't have perfect pearls, however used Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists in Gold.
6. I don't have his exact dies he used for the greenery; instead just used punches and made my own. They are inked in Brushed Corduroy.
7. I created holly berries using Watermelon and Cranberry Adirondack Alcohol Inks because I don't have Red Pepper.
8. I don't have the ribbon or twine he used, but came close with my own ribbon inked again in Brushed Corduroy and jewelry twine. Yay that I had the jingle bell!
1. Inking gems and pearls with Adirondack Alcohol Ink to create custom elements. So fun, will definitely do this again!
2. Something simple, but wrapping the twine around a pencil and heating it - for some reason, I've never done that?
Hope you enjoy today's tag, let me know if you're playing along!