I know I'm getting this one out a bit late, but I was super busy today! If you've been joining me for Tim Holtz' 12 Days of Christmas Tags, I'm picking up again on Day 7. So right before midnight will just have to do....on with the showwww!
Here's my tag for the day:
Close-up of the bottom:
Close-up of the top:
Bonus close-up of wax paper holly leaves:
Bonus close-up of embossed sentiment:
Some differences a la Mimic Monday (no buying new supplies - I mean it!!)
1. Let's start with the Kraft Glassine shall we? Of course I don't have any of this...but if you were paying attention to yesterday's tag (Day 6), you can probably guess what I used in place of the glassine paper. If you guessed wax paper from the kitchen you would be a winner!! Yes I used wax paper to make my holly leaves, I did not die cut them (and learned that punching the wax paper does not always work out), so I hand cut them.
2. The branches were done with regular kraft paper, white & gold acrylic paint, and Frosted Lace Stickles instead of chipboard, Adirondack white & gold Dabbers, and Picket Fence Distress Stickles.
3. The tag was done in Pumice Stone and Antique Linen Distress Inks instead of Stains.
4. Sentiment was stamped in Black Soot Distress Ink and clear embossed instead of stamped in Distress Embossing Ink and Distress Black Powder.
5. Everything else (baubles, ribbons, stamp choices) are all also slight variations from Tim's original.
Things I learned:
1. How to use Alcohol Inks on wax paper
2. How to use a baggie to dye baubles with Alcohol Inks - less mess!
3. Wiping off part of the ink from a stamp to achieve a different look
4. Layering Distress Inks properly to get a specific look
Thanks for looking, check out some other tags I've been making...hope you're playing along too!